Moroccan Vegetarian Tagine / Tagine Moroccan aux Légumes
4 lbs. mixed seasonal vegetables (zucchini, yellow squash, white turnips, carrots, green beans, white flower gourd, cauliflower, green peas, bell peppers)*
3 onions, medium sized, cut in rings
1 medium tomato, cut in rings
1 garlic head
1 bunch of fresh cilantro (coriander), finely chopped (set aside 3 tablespoons to garnish)
1 bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped (set aside 3 tablespoons to garnish)
1 pinch of saffron
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ras-el-hanout**
2 tablespoons olive oil 1 teaspoon salt
1/2 lemon confit, chopped (preserved lemon)
16 oz. vegetable stock
1 tablespoon Harissa (North African chili pepper paste)
1 cup green olives
*Pllase note that the seasonal vegetables selection may vary depending on what is available. If you use parsnips, make sure that they are cut in thin (1/4 inch) slices
1. Cover the bottom of the tagine with a tablespoon of oil, then add the onion rings and place the garlic head in the middle.
2. In a bowl, mix the herbs, the spices (saffron excluded) and the oil; sprinkle a couple of spoons of the mixture on top of the onions, and then add the harissa.
3. Place the tagine on medium heat on a gas stove, add 4 oz. of the vegetable stock and cook for 5-10 minutes, covered.
4. Clean the vegetables, then cut in long segments.
5. Cut the rest of the onions, the tomatoes and the potatoes in 1/4 inch slices.
6. Order the vegetables starting by those requiring longer cooking time and pile up the rest in this order: potatoes, white turnips, carrots, green beans, white flower gourds, cauliflower, zucchini, yellow squash, green peas. Then, cover the vegetables with the slices tomato and the confit lemon (chopped). Season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
7. Place the tagine back on the heat and add hot vegetable stock. Cover the tagine. Every 10 minutes, remove the cover and distribute the sauce over the vegetables. Simmer for 40 minutes.
8. Wash the olives and distribute them on the tagine a few minutes before you are ready to serve.
9. Last touch: crush the saffron by hand over the tagine before serving.
NOTES: **What is ras el hanout made of? The mixture usually consists of over a dozen spices, in different proportions. Commonly used ingredients include cardamom, cumin, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, allspice, dry ginger, chili peppers, coriander seed, peppercorn, sweet and hot paprika, fenugreek, and dry turmeric.
Harissa Paste (this paste can be purchased in a jar or made by hand)
Option – if you love garbanzo beans, add them to your dish after building the tower of vegetables.
cuando acaba la patente de viagra contrast essay help creative writing on iqbal day biggest essay on my favourite game follow url se puede comprar viagra sin receta medica anglicanism religion definition essay https://peacerivergardens.org/proof/research-scholarly-paper/25/ odyssey from paragraph to essay 6th edition crestor and blood sugar elevation https://internexus.edu/published/cheap-critical-analysis-essay-writers-service-online/51/ descriptive essay about my mom go to site thesis speech enhancement ethics reflection paper sample essays mba viagra hamburg see a dolls house themes essay christmas is coming viagra homework help brain autobiography essay sample https://iat.iupui.edu/advisor/sonnet-73-analysis-essay/43/ lexapro dose for children see https://earthwiseradio.org/editing/biograhies/8/ https://willcoxwinecountry.org/linkedin/catholic-homework-help/47/ generic viagra online pharmacy review free essay on hate crime estimulante sexsual masculino cialis get link free essay on the chrysanthemums Cucumber Salad
1/2 kg small courgettes (zucchinis)
3 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
1/2 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Remove the ends of the courgettes (zucchinis). Cut in half lengthways. Boil
the courgette in water with salt and the unpeeled garlic cloves
until tender. Drain the courgettes. Peel boiled garlic and mix with
spices, herbs, olive oil and vinegar. Mix cooled courgettes with